Redhanded is a fresh eyed team that works in collaboration to create products, experiences, relationships or ventures that people want using design thinking practices.
We believe in our people, our creativity and regional and rural Australia. This means more than being great communicators for our clients, we also advocate for ‘greater Australia’ in every creative execution.
You want to understand the world and help other people understand the world through your creations. You create with meaning and intent. Form and function merge into one through your work.
We’re looking for somebody ready to step up and in, guiding and helping lead the team with the wonderful support of our Digital Producer (with solid strategic experience) and our Junior UX designer (just transitioned from graphic design).
As our key UX/UI designer you’ll be hands-on bringing brands to life across their digital ecosystem. You will have a human-centered design approach and sharp UI skills — with a record of producing digital projects from start to finish.
A passion for design and humans should be in your nature. Someone who can present, inspire and mentor. As recent adopters of user experience, we are open to software and problem-solving suggestions.
You know the ropes:
- You spent some time in a reasonably senior role at a digital agency or a startup, and lived to tell the tale.
- You’re competent, skilled and independent designer who is great at communicating with both clients and the rest of us.
- You know your way around the usual tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and all that. And you may or may not have experience with motion design — that would be a juicy bonus.
- People say you’re a good person. That you go out of your way when you notice someone looks down, and that sort of thing. That’s important. We like that.
Now, this position is for a UX/UI designer. What does that mean? Let’s see…
- You know the user-centered design process from end-to-end.
- You like humans, or are at least deeply intrigued by them.
- You can talk crazy ideas and smart concepts but also nerd out on IA, wireframes and UI design.
- You’re comfortable with both design thinking and getting into the finer details of interaction.
- You’re able to partner with our strategy team to help with research and insights.
- You don’t want to be siloed into one part of the design process — you’re also open to brand, marketing, and anything else that comes your way.
We have a dedicated team that go to great lengths to build and drive our culture, that make our days just that much sweeter!
- Beginning and end of summer BBQs.
- Big end of year Christmas party! We just got back from a day in the Yarra Valley, tasting gin, beer and wine over a 3-course lunch. There may have been carry-ons back in Richmond…
- Regular get-togethers, whether that’s a chat over a few drinks, dinner or getting stuck in at our office-hosted quiz nights.
- Friday DJs – Your chance to show off your weekend hit-list with the team.
- Quarterly design’a’thons – a chance to step away from client briefs and create your own.
- Regularly sessions from a vast array of people from businesses, partners and culture experts to build internal knowledge. The likes of Snapchat and Google to name a few.
What else do we do good?
- Into a healthy living? You’ll have access to personal training sessions on the roof top, as well as netball, football and basketball tournaments throughout the year. (Yes, we have a 5-a-side football pitch on the roof).
- As a part of the Clemenger Group and BBDO network, you’ll have opportunities for cross-agency collaboration and access to resources and mentors.
- The chance to show off your barista skills on our coffee machine that only few know how to use. (It’s a lot harder than it seems!)